Sunday, September 30, 2007

Health Mission Week ??

Okay so I can't even remember what week I am on at this point. I know it hasn't been that long but I apparently have a very short memory span. So anyways, I know that I am about 2 1/2 weeks into the actual "workout" part of my health mission and I have to say that it is going quite well so far. I am actually really enjoying going to the Y and working out. It's some "me" time, gives me some time to think and kind of destress a bit before going back home and dealing with the life that I am apparently not very happy with right now.

I have to say that I am actually surprised at how well I am actually doing with it. I seem to do a little bit better each time I go with a little stronger work out and even an increase in length. Shockingly, much longer then the initial "2 minutes" that I had told my personal trainer that I was going to be able to do. Oh, so I didn't tell everyone that story....

On my first meeting with my personal trainer he began by asking me several questions about my general health status and what kind of "risks" I took in life like smoking, drinking, etc. He even asked if I chewed tobacco to which I wittingly replied, "yes actually I'm glad to see you have cup holders on several of your machines because I brought my spit cup with me today." My trainer busted out laughing, he was like okay I'm going to go ahead and mark no as your answer for that one.

So then, when he got to the question of, "if I put you on one of the machines..." I didn't even let him finish the question and I said "2 minutes." And he said but you didn't even let me finish the question. So I let him finish the question and again I answered "2 minutes". He naturally replied that he was expecting at least 30 so I went ahead and agreed that I would try to do 20 minutes, 3 days a week. So I'm pretty proud of the fact that so far I have averaged about 45 minutes 3 days a week. But there is no way in hell I'm telling my trainer that. He will naturally expect more out of me, so I figure a good round number like 20 minutes, 3 days a week should satisfy him just enough that he won't want me to go crazy the next weeks. I don't, my appointment is scheduled for October 9th, so I will have to wait and see. Wish me luck!

No comments: