Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sad Week

I had kind of a sad week this last week. I found out that an old co-worker of mine died suddenly. I was pretty hurt. She was so young, I think her early 40's. It happened so unexpectedly I still am kind of in shock. She was probably one of the most enjoyable people you could ever work with. She was funny, honest, hard working, and overall just one of those people that always greeted you with a smile. No matter what happened, she and I could always find something to joke about and make us laugh. For those of you who had the opportunity to meet Rhonda at the Derby tag office, she was probably one of the most pleasant county workers you had ever seen. I don't think I ever heard her lose her cool or get short with anyone. She was always eager to help and everyone who had worked with her once would always ask for her specifically time and time again.

She is going to be well missed. She made friends with everyone and was like a family member to a lot of people. She left behind a son, around 19-20 I believe. Good looking kid, she talked about him like there was no better son in the world. I hope he knows what he meant to his mother, because she really spoke highly of him.

They said it was some blood clots in her lungs that took her life. She just wasn't feeling well one night and had some back pain. Before she knew it she was having trouble breathing. She lost consciousness on the way to the hospital and was never revived. Absolutely heartbreaking. You just never know when it could be you I guess. Never take a day for granted, never know when it might be the last.

I just keep remembering all these little things about Rhonda. I can remember, she would always listen to everything I talked about. Even when I felt like I was blabbing on about something. She would remember it and ask me about it later on. She would listen to my crazy stories about my son or my crazy sister-in-law, and was always checking in to see how everything turned out.

Rhonda I'm going to miss you. I think everyone who knows you is going to miss you. I know you are in a better place, but I am glad I had the opportunity to spend what time I did with you.

No comments: