Thursday, August 30, 2007

Health Mission Week#1

Well technically I have decided week #1 will start after the holiday but I thought I would fill you all in on what's going on. Basically, I have decided to get serious about my weight issue. I really need to start doing something, anything at this point. I am really unhappy with myself and I'm tired of all the issues it's causing for me. Probably the most motivating factor right now is the fact that my doctor thinks I might have sleep apnea and if I don't find a way to deal with it now I could end up in a world of hurt later on down the road. So I promised I would start being serious about my weight.

So week#1 I will start out by re-joining the YMCA. Yes I believe I have had several memberships at this point but somehow they just never really got used as much as they should have. My son wants to enroll in swimming lessons so I figure this is the perfect opportunity for me to get a family membership and join in some activities my own self.

Okay so I just realized that is my only goal thus far for week#1. Okay so I'm not off to a very good start but hey....admission is the first step to recovery right? So I am admitting I am overweight and I need to do something serious about it. So maybe this should be week#1 after all and joining the YMCA next week could be week#2. :-)

Wow...I think I need to do some more thinking on this one. Perhaps I haven't fully accepted what all this is going to take yet. I probably should meet with like a weight loss management person or something but you know I really don't feel like hearing someone tell me how I need to be eating healthier and exercising more, blah blah blah. I mean, I obviously already know those things right?

Maybe I should join that Pole Dynamics place. Have you heard of this? Apparently it's an exercise place with stripper poles. HAHA! My fat ass on a stripper pole, I really don't want to see this. Okay I need to do some major thinking here.....

2 comments:

kelli said...

A couple of things on this Jenelle....I noticed you didn't mention which holiday you were starting after....hmmmm....is this a possible stalling tactic????


Also, one other thing..."joining" the Y?!?! That sounds like one heck of a goal to me. So is Week 2 buying clothes to work out in, and Week 3 planning the route to the Y, and Week 4 determining the workout schedule, and week 5 buying the water to drink at the Y, and then week 6 revising the workout schedule, and then week 7 perhaps scoping out the Y for the exercise routine, and maybe week 8 exercising??? If this is the plan then can we be workout buddies????

Shea said...

I am so joining the Y this week. And, hell, I would do pole dynamics with you.