Thursday, August 2, 2007

Can Guys be Blonde's too?

I came home from work this evening and parked my car on the street since I knew we needed to run to the store after dinner and we would probably use the new car that was in the driveway. After dinner we went to Target and shopped around a little while so we could buy my son some fruit punch for his luau party tomorrow. (by the way I only spent $5 tonight at Target. I don't think I have ever spent that small amount at Target in all my life! But anyways, back to the story)

When we came home my fiancee so generously offered to park my car that was on the street in the driveway for the night. So my son and I got out of the car and went to pet the neighbor's new wiener dog puppies. I suddenly hear my fiancee yelling at me from the street to please unlock my car with my remote key fob. I look over at him standing in front of the driver's side door with the key in his hand. Now I stop and think to myself for a minute, "just remember, the neighbors are all watching at this point." So I reply back, "Honey, just use the key in your hand to unlock the door!" He stands there a minute shaking his head like he was upset that I had not just dug my key fob out of my purse and unlocked the door for him. I just kept thinking to myself as he fumbled around with the door lock "are you fucking kidding me? You have the damn key in your hand. Is this what technology has done to us, we have forgotten how to unlock car doors?"

For those of you who don't know my fiancee his IQ is actually somewhere near genius if not at genius level. So to watch some of the things he does sometimes just makes me laugh. I always think of that little comic with the kid trying to push on the door that says "pull" and up above him it says "Gifted Student." But even with all of this I still love him, even if he can't open car doors without the key fob. :-)

No comments: