Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend Follow Up

Okay so we totally did the gay bar thing and all I can say is Wow! There was quite the mix there this weekend. I must say I have never really seen that mix of people all at the gay club at once. I'm not really sure what was going on there. Unfortunately, the music wasn't really as good as I remember so I think we only danced to like a couple of songs. I was definitely disappointed with all of that. Nonetheless, we managed to have a good time.

One of the most amazing things we saw while we were there, I simply must tell you about. There was this older gentleman dressed as a woman. He/She, I'm never really sure what the appropriate way to say that is when they are a crossdresser. Anyways he was wearing some crazy brown dress that looked kind of like a trench coat, an old ratty gray wig, and some 80's style purse with the long strap that he put across his shoulder. Not much of an outfit really, until we noticed the shoes! We looked down and realized that he was wearing some crazy clear acrylic stripper shoes. At first we were somewhat in awe by the fact that this old man was wearing higher heels then we were but that wasn't even the best part. At one point he got up to walk over to the bar and we realized that his shoes lit up! I swear I have never seen anything like it. If I would have been sure that he wouldn't have been offended I totally would have taken a picture for you all because it was really pretty cool. I had never seen stripper shoes that light up before. I swear I want to borrow them just to at least vacuum in or something. I couldn't possibly wear them anywhere because I would probably fall flat on my face if I even tried to walk more then 5 feet in them. Needless to say I am totally jealous of the fact that an older man not only was able to dress like a woman, but can wear higher heels then me! (it just doesn't seem fair)

Anyways, I found a pair on the internet so you could see what I am talking about...



I hope you all enjoy as much as we did this last weekend! We all seriously wanted a pair, just to say we had some light up shoes.

Sad to say but that was probably the most exciting part of our evening. I think we will have to do a re-do. We all forgot the glitter and apparently the light up shoes.

No comments: