Friday, July 27, 2007

I met Freddy!

So tonight we decided to check out the new Freddy's Frozen Custard in town. I have been to the other two restaurants in town and every time I go in there I check out all the pictures inside of the guy named Freddy. There are pictures of his sons, his wife, other family members, etc all over the place with little tidbits about Freddy's life.

Well tonight, I actually got to meet Freddy himself. Now I know what you're thinking, well big whoop, but I was kind of excited. The guy is about 80 years old but honestly only looks about 65, if that. The really cool thing is that he was an accounting major at Wichita State and graduated in 1949, before opening his first restaurant. I was really kind of intriqued by this tidbit since I too am an accounting major in Wichita. So anyway's, really nice guy to talk to and the best deal was that he gave us a gift certificate to come back. Now you know I can't turn down free food!

So if you haven't been yet, you should check it out, it's pretty good stuff, and best of all the California Burger gives a small resemblance to a good ole In and Out Burger.

2 comments:

Shea said...

I always get the California burger at Freddy's!!!! Speaking of free food, I have coupons for two free entrees at Red Beans out West from working the Special Olympics... Wanna go?

Kristine said...

Yay it says there's a location coming soon to KCK. I'll have to try it!